Work from home jobs in Maine, USA – Apply for Work from Home Customer Service Representative Jobs at Unum – Portland, ME, US. See job description, job specification, roles/responsibilities, qualifications, requirements and link to apply.
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world’s leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum’s financial protection benefits help protect more than 36 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum’s three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses – Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life – are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts, and Glendale, California with over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
Looking for a company where you can make an impact? As a Customer Service Representative I, you will be the first point of contact for our inbound customers calls and a direct representation of our brand. You will have the rewarding job of creating exceptional customer experiences; ensure information is accurate; and operate with empathy and integrity.
This entry-level role provides a strong foothold into an organization and company with multiple career paths and the environment to be your best you here.
To learn more about a day in the life of a Customer Service Representative at Unum, watch this video!
What we offer:
- Minimum $15.80 hourly wage
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits available on the first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Plan along with 401K matching to help you plan for your retirement
- Paid Time Off, holiday and leave programs
- Flexible Breaks
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee assistance programs
- Business casual dress code
- Onsite fitness and dining facilities
- Volunteer opportunities
- Employee resource groups with a strong focus on diversity and inclusion
Work at Home Opportunities: The opportunity to work from home is available to all Customer Service Representatives based on eligibility and performance. To be considered for this opportunity you must successfully complete our full-time onboarding process at the Portland, Maine Home Office Location lasting up to 17 weeks. All work from home employees may be required to come into the office upon request.
Training and development: We will provide you with in-depth knowledge of our products and a strong base for launching your career with Unum. Our Customer Service Representative multi-level career path means you will be recognize and promoted as you achieve specific milestones. Other career opportunities include:
- Monthly development time and ongoing training
- Multi-level CSR Career ladder that includes advancement within the role, mentoring, quality auditing, training, process improvement and opportunity for leadership roles within the department
What We Expect From You
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to customer inquiries with timely and accurate information.
- Ability to work a regular assigned shift between the hours of 8am-8pm Eastern, Monday through Friday (no shifts end after 8pm and no required weekends).
- Follow all documented processes/workflow to enhance customer service and reduce customer effort/operating efficiency.
- Utilize resources and tools to accurately respond to customer inquiries.
- Ensure privacy of our customers remains the utmost importance.
- Meet the expectations of the quality/productivity standards.
- Demonstrate a passion for the values outlined in the We are Unum value statements.
- Successful completion of Contact Center training program, including demonstrating on phone proficiency and passing required knowledge checks.
- Attendance in accordance with Contact Center attendance guidelines.
- Customer Service Representative I must successfully complete the Contact Center training program and demonstrate basic proficiency in servicing inbound phone calls after training.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior relevant experience, military service and/or college degree preferred
- Demonstrated customer service experience and/or experience in a customer service-oriented environment.
- Strong customer service orientation with demonstrated commitment to meet/exceed customer needs.
- Ability to maintain reliable and predictable attendance.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, structured environment, handling large call volumes.
- Computer proficiency essential.
- Self-directed with the ability to perform both as part of team and individually.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in a continuously changing environment.
- Consistently demonstrate a high level of professionalism through a strong work ethic that positively influences the work habits of the team.
- Detail oriented with a focus on quality and consistently meeting goals.
Requirements For Remote Workers
- Must be located in the Portland, Maine area and able to train on site before moving to the remote location
- Must be serviceable by a broadband cable or fiber optic internet service provider
- A separate, quiet dedicated work space must be established at remote site for the purpose of performing work duties. This area must be maintained in a safe condition, free from all hazards
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Customer Service
- Information Technology
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.