Remote jobs California, USA – Apply for the ongoing Work from Home Market Research Manager Job at Trendspot Inc.. See the job description, requirements and the link to apply.
Market Research Manager
The Market Research Manager will drive consumer product research and market analysis to provide data-driven insights and company-wide product strategies. The ideal candidate will complete predictive and prescriptive analysis of mass market retailers, competitive market intelligence and provide proactive insights and recommendations on driving revenue and growth, to support the development of intelligence-driven consumer products.
The Market Research Manager, as a key member of Trendspot’s dynamic Product Team, will proactively drive research goals and objectives, create and execute research projects, analyze data and co-develop product and Customer strategies with cross-functional teams including Product, Sales, Finance and Supply Chain. The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in market research, analysis and forecasting for consumer goods at mass market retail. This role works closely with a global team and is additionally responsible for hiring and managing per-project workers. Comfort in leading multiple projects simultaneously, is a must.
Responsibilities include building and maintaining up-to-date market landscape intelligence, competitive analysis of our own products and finding gaps and opportunities in the market overall and within our own product lines, resulting in a comprehensive strategies to drive revenue through strategically built products and programs.
Key Accountabilities (including but not limited to):
· Leads financial aspect of product strategy, including analysis of retailer gaps and opportunities, potential white space and retail pricing strategy to ensure that all new and carryover product lines meet company financial objectives and Customer needs.
· Drives Product Intelligence, through competitive landscape research and collaborative market analysis with Product, Sales and Finance.
· Evaluates POS sales data and recommends changes/improvements and/or line extensions/updates for each product category to maximize single item and overall program productivity.
· Conducts consumer research including consumer surveys, to ensure alignment of product goals with end-use customer targets.
· Makes recommendations to refine, streamline, and continuously improve our margins and overall product and Customer program productivity.
· Creates and delivers presentations and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to support product strategy.
· Adheres to and advocates our Core Values
Desired Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will have five or more years of market research analysis experience in consumer products. Must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of successful development and implementation of financial strategies across multiple product lines and distribution channels. Candidate will have demonstrable accomplishments leading a business unit and managing multiple product lines. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, MBA is strongly preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience in consumer products market research analysis
- Proven track record of developing financial product strategies that have resulted in revenue and market share growth in the home décor or consumer products space
- Experience working with top retail channels, including: Mass, Specialty, Home Centers/Hardware, Club.
- Strong financial acumen with exceptional analytical skills; demonstrated ability to lead and deliver projects to financial goals
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrates leadership, diplomacy, decisiveness, and a result-oriented work ethic
- Strong communication skills to all functional levels, from Sr. Management to peers and direct reports.
- Ability to thrive and execute in a fast paced & entrepreneurial culture and to quickly adapt to changes in priorities and Customer needs.
- Strong attention to both detail and big picture, with a clear focus on execution towards shared company goals.
- Ability to “separate the wheat from the chaff” in conveying key takeaways and core strategies to cross-functional teams and Customers
- Willing and available to travel
Position and Company key opportunities:
The Market Research Manager position at Trendspot is an opportunity to create new, groundbreaking strategies that will drive the course of consumer products created in collaboration with and sold at major big box retailers including Walmart, Home Depot and Lowe’s.
Trendspot is a leading Home & Garden consumer products company with a dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial spirit. Our artisanal roots define a longstanding passion as a category leader, bringing trend-driven planters and décor to market for over forty years, in the US and Canada.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
Great working environment and supportive team culture
Remote work from home position but required to live in Southern California
Exceptional benefits including medical, 401K matching
Generous and flexible PTO policy
Profit Sharing program
Excellent growth opportunities with upskilling encouraged and financially supported
- Consumer Goods
- Product Management
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.