In this article, you will see the full list of Technical Sales Representative Job Description and Requirements. A Techincal Sales Rep promotes the company’s products, tailor solutions to the customer’s needs, and develop relationships.
- Develop new and cultivate existing customer relationships in the plastic container handling and conveyor field.
- Reach out to existing and prospective customers via phone calls and emails
- Meet with customers at their facilities to discuss projects and build relationships
- Meet with and entertain customers at trade shows
- Gather project scope information via phone calls, web conferences, and/or site visits as required.
- Gather data such as Container Speeds, conveyor speeds, and available facility layout dimensions. May use sketches, pictures, conversations etc. to gather project data and allow us to design a system.
- Having used project data gathered, discuss best possible solutions and ideas with customers.
- Work with the Applications team, who creates proposals and quotes for you using the information you provide, to determine quotation format, pricing strategy, and how best to present our solutions to the customer.
- Review quotations for accuracy prior to sending to the customer.
- Schedule and participate in conference calls to discuss quotations and solutions we presented with customers.
- Gather strategic data such as budget constraints, who customer decision makers are, lead time requirements etc. to give us the best chance of winning the project.
- Record key conversations and email communications to and from customers in our CRM software.
- Offer input to improve our processes, procedures, flow charts, and forms which guide you through the quoting process.
- Ideas to simplify and/or improve how we do things.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects and opportunities.
- Prioritize your work based on how likely a project is to be ordered, how important the project is or by deadlines related to the project.
- Strong verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in team in a fast paced dynamic and fluid environment.
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow and help improve current processes and procedures.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to travel (up to 50%) nationally and internationally.
- Individual should be self-motivated and detail oriented
- Able to work in industrial and manufacturing environments while maintaining proper safety protocols.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Management, Marketing, Engineering or related discipline
- 2-5+ years of Sales or Engineering experience